Saturday, June 30, 2007

Short film

For my 4th year in the Animation program in Sheridan, we're supposed to develop a short 1 minute film. The subject matter and theme can be whatever we choose it to be. I've been thinking long and hard on this. I've had ideas on what I wanted to do ever since I first started the program a full three years ago. Many were just seeds of ideas, not having germinated to anything more than a concept.

Last semester, I proposed an idea about a fight between a girl and a dragon. It was inspired by Monster Hunter, a game where you pose as a bounty hunter out to kill large dinosaur-like creatures. Thinking back on it, after having it sit in my head for a while, the idea seems... well, it seems okay, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy working on such a project.

I decided that I needed to work on something that I'd be passionate about. One of my passions is aviation. I love flight, and everything associated with flight. I decided that my film will have to be about the dream to fly. And what better way to represent flight than through my White Currents world.

The only problem is, the way I want to present this 4th year film, in my mind, wouldn't be very compatible with the core White Currents atmosphere. If it were, then it'd have to take place in a distant future. It's a matter of semantics, really. I can do whatever I like, and no one would care. But I want to keep a blog for my progress, and I want to know if I should do it here on this blog, or if I should create a new one just for the film. If it were to be a White Currents production, then I'd definately keep it here. If not, then I'll create a new one. I'll have to think on this for a bit. I'll have more information about all this soonish.

No comments: